I’ve had a few queries from visitors asking why the site hasn’t been updated for a while and well there is a simple answer for this – there is no actual news right now.
I tend not to post about any future album without it being confirmed – especially after the long break between FIOE and Angles which gave us a million rumours of a new record most of which turned out to be wrong!
For now all we have is speculation. This time last year Nikolai and Albert both hinted that a fifth record would be in the works early 2012. Fans have asked various people on Twitter like Albert Hammond Snr and Amanda de Cadenet and we have a vague idea that something is meant to be happening like now. Whether it is or not well The Strokes have always been very vague and secretive about these kind of things.
Here is the one thing we do know, Nick has been in NYC quite a bit lately and as far as I’m aware so have all of the other guys. So being in the same location is a start!
I know we all want a new album and this time a proper tour but I think we may have a wait until next year. Time flies already we are heading towards the halfway point of the year – the likelihood of a record completed and ready to go by 2012 seems incredibly low.
Though we may have no news about the new album The Strokes themselves have been doing things like Julian popping up in the 100th digital short on SNL or Nikolai performing with Mick Jagger and Arcade Fire
So whilst this site may not be updated regularly it still stands and will rest assured will continue to.
x For the latest news/rumours/random Strokes bits and pieces then follow the site on Twitter.
x The gallery is regularly updated as well as the guys like to go to parties and events.
To all those currently enjoying the summer, The Strokes will always be the perfect soundtrack. I’m off to crank up The Modern Age and enjoy the sun.
Things are getting busy in Strokes land with the release of Angles in some countries under a week away. So in case you have missed any of the latest news and photos here is a handy round up
• The Strokes played SNL last weekend, it was genuinely considered awesome (more info)
• The New York Times had a slightly worrying interview with the band, but these days articles are either about how happy they are now as a band or how much they hate each other. I tend to average it out and think they are pretty content but still have some issues musically.
• The NYT also have an article about the band’s hair….no kidding, beautiful photos though
• Pitchfork’s article about the band spans their early pre Is This It days up to the recording of Angles, again quite negative but the stuff about Is This It and ROF is pretty interesting
• Musikexpress have the 7″ UCOD vinyl on their new issue, like free with the magazine! More info here, seems like a great deal.
• The Strokes added the final part of their making of Angles in the studio video
• Another festival date has been added, Oxegen Festival 10th July, Ireland
• Albert Hammond, Jr now has a Twitter and seems to be tweeting quite a bit
• The band play their first show in support of Angles tonight in Vegas and then a free show at SWSW on Thursday.
What a fantastic performance we got last night, hearing Under Cover of Darkness live for the first time was a blast but I have to say Life is Simple In The Moonlight blew me away.
Under Cover of Darkness
Life is Simple In The Moonlight